A much-anticipated audit by Republicans in Arizona’s most populous county apparently affirmed President Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory there — defying the expectations of former President Donald Trump’s supporters and critics alike.
The preliminary findings bely the most paranoid fears of both the “MAGA” faithful and the #Resistance.
Arizona was one of the six key states that flipped to President Joe Biden in 2020, and a draft report of the review of the vote by pro-Trump lawmakers in Maricopa County, released Friday, found 99 additional votes for the Democrat.
BREAKING: The #azaudit draft report from Cyber Ninjas confirms the county’s canvass of the 2020 General Election was accurate and the candidates certified as the winners did, in fact, win.
— Maricopa County (@maricopacounty) September 24, 2021
Liberals had characterized the Arizona audit as the apex of “Stop the Steal” nuttiness on the right.
- “In America, if you lose, you accept the results. You follow the Constitution. You try again,” Biden said in a keynote address on voting in July. “You don’t call facts ‘fake’ and then try to bring down the American experiment just because you’re unhappy.”
- Meanwhile, some among the “MAGA” faithful had expected the audit to vindicate Trump’s “Big Lie” that the election was stolen from him — and even to reinstall the Republican as president.
Mike Lindell says by August 13, the talk of the world will be to overturn the election and get the communists out. He also said there will be many down ticket senators that will have different election results. pic.twitter.com/clYG1kMTgx
— PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 (@patriottakes) July 5, 2021
- Some Trump supporters have have claimed the audit results as a partial victory.
- ”Draft report of Maricopa audit finds Biden won but flags as many as 44,000 votes as ‘critical,'” read a Friday headline on JustTheNews.com.
- House Republicans on Friday asked the CEO of Cyber Ninjas, the Florida-based cybersecurity company that conducted to audit, to testify before Congress about the findings.
Some influential conservatives, like Blake Masters, the COO of Thiel Capital and president of The Thiel Foundation, have sought to redirect suspicions about the election being “rigged” toward liberalized voting laws during the pandemic and anti-Trump bias in the media and Big Tech.
First: COVID gave the left an excuse to change voting procedures. State election laws were ignored or altered, they flooded the zone with mail-in ballots (my colleague received 4 ballots, in multiple states), lowered sig verification standards, key deadlines, etc.
— Blake Masters (@bgmasters) September 23, 2021