President Biden appeared to be closely supervised during Monday’s White House Easter egg roll.
This is fine?
While Biden hosted the annual holiday event — which drew some 30,000 kids and adults after a two-year pandemic pause — the first lady and a mysterious staffer repeatedly guided the president’s actions.
1. “WAVE. WAVE”: Jill Biden was caught on a “hot mic” urging her husband to wave at the end of the couple’s welcome remarks from a White House balcony.
NOW – Joe Biden: "Happy Easter!" Jill Biden: "Wave… wave."pic.twitter.com/Nb8VYjpuP9
— Disclose.tv (@disclosetv) April 18, 2022
2. “LET ME READ”: Joe Biden was allowed to recite the first page of “Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?” after he complained, “They’re not going to let me read at all.”
“They’re not going to let me read at all,” Biden complains.
Jill Biden responds by letting him read the first page. pic.twitter.com/pV0doA5WSS
— Charlie Spiering (@charliespiering) April 18, 2022
The president became visibly excited when “Tonight Show” host Jimmy Fallon joined the Bidens in the reading nook and mentioned ice cream.
3. “AFGHANISTAN” AND “PAKISTAN”: As Biden spoke with guests on the other side of a fence, someone in an Easter bunny costume interrupted and seemed to lead the president away.
The Easter Bunny is in charge of Joe Biden
— Benny “Libs Of Tik Tok” Aficionado (@bennyjohnson) April 18, 2022
Additional footage revealed that Biden had been about to say something about Afghanistan and Pakistan.
4. THE BIG REVEAL: Amid rampant speculation about the identity of the meddling Easter bunny, Meghan Hays, the White House’s director of message planning, outed herself on Twitter.
— Meghan Hays (@MegHays46) April 18, 2022
THE LAST WORD
- “In his place are unelected ideologues,” Carlson said.