MAGA wins big in Arizona. A surprisingly good jobs report. Sinema says, “yes.” Alex Jones will pay. And more.
- MAGA WINS BIG IN ARIZONA: Kari Lake, a former local TV news journalist who disputed the results of the 2020 election and won Donald Trump’s endorsement, clinched the GOP nomination for governor in the Grand Canyon State Friday, beating Mike Pence-backed Karrin Taylor Robson. Read more.
- A SURPRISINGLY GOOD JOBS REPORT: The economy added 528,000 new jobs in July, handing the Biden administration some much-needed good news amid mounting fears of recession. Read more.
- SINEMA SAYS, “YES”: Sen. Krysten Sinema, D-Ariz., the remaining Democratic holdout on the Inflation Reduction Act, has agreed to back the bill, clearing the way for congressional Democrats to pass a package raising corporate tax, capping some prescription drug prices through Medicare, and giving tax breaks to “green” energy projects. Read more.
- ALEX JONES WILL PAY: A Texas jury has deemed the InfoWars host must pay at least $4.1 million to the parents of a victim of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting for broadcasting conspiracy theories about the massacre. Read more.
- RED WAVE ON HOLD: Republicans and Democrats are now tied in FiveThirtyEight’s generic congressional ballot tracker for midterm elections. Read more.