Here are the other stories conservatives are talking about.
IVANKA SAYS SHE’S OUT
Ivanka says she doesn’t plan to get involved in politics this time around pic.twitter.com/Qv5OUHcfBy
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) November 16, 2022
After former President Donald Trump launched a 2024 presidential campaign Tuesday, his daughter and senior White House adviser Ivanka Trump announced she’s done with politics.
AOC JOINS ‘SWIFTIES’ IN RAGING AT TICKETMASTER
Daily reminder that Ticketmaster is a monopoly, it’s merger with LiveNation should never have been approved, and they need to be reigned in.
Break them up.
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) November 15, 2022
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., called out Ticketmaster and Live Nation Tuesday after Taylor Swift fans struggled to buy tickets for the pop star’s upcoming U.S. tour.
- Ticketmaster blamed “unprecedented historic demand” for its website apparently crashing when Swift tickets went on presale earlier in the day, forcing devastated “Swifties” to wait for up to eight hours to make a purchase.
- “Consumers deserve better than this anti-hero behavior,” chimed in Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Ct., age 76.
‘COCAINE MITCH’ SWACKS DOWN REPUBLICAN CHALLENGER
It took Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell less than 24 hours to put down the first threat to his 15 years of leadership.
- On Wednesday, Republican senators overwhelmingly re-elected McConnell over Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., in a final tally of 37-10.
- Scott helmed the party’s unsuccessful campaign effort to reclaim the majority in last week’s midterm elections but publicly blamed McConnell.
12 REPUBLICAN SENATORS VOTE TO ADVANCE GAY MARRIAGE BILL
62-37, Senate advances bill to protect same-sex marriage. It still needs to clear another 60-vote procedural hurdle, pass the Senate by a simple majority and pass the House. But very clear sign that this is poised to become law this year.
— Manu Raju (@mkraju) November 16, 2022
A supermajority of 62 senators, including 12 Republicans, voted to advance legislation Wednesday that would provide federal protections for same-sex marriages.
- The Respect for Marriage Act, which passed the House in July, looked to be on track to pass the Senate and become law during the lame duck Congress.
- The bill would not require states to allow same-sex couples to marry. But it would repeal the Defense of Marriage Act, which denied federal benefits to same-sex couples.
NASA’S MOONSHOT BLASTS OFF
We are going.
— NASA (@NASA) November 16, 2022
NASA’s Artemis rocket launched Wednesday morning on a journey that will take an astronaut-less capsule around the moon and back.
- Getting Artemis off the ground cost taxpayers $40 billion, and critics have pointed out that private companies like Elon’s Musk’s SpaceX could get America back to the moon for a fraction of the price.
- “Congratulations!” Musk tweeted after the launch.