President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris are worth several million dollars each, according to a new analysis by Yahoo Finance.
It’s no surprise that political elites are wealthier than the average American, but the gap between them and us is getting bigger.
WHAT THEY’RE WORTH
Harris’ $5 million wealth has mostly come from book sales and her husband, former Hollywood lawyer Doug Emhoff, according to Yahoo.
- While Biden and Harris’ net worth is nothing to sneeze at, it pales in comparison to political heavy-hitters like House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, former President Donald Trump and failed 2020 presidential candidate and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
- Trump and Bloomberg, worth $2 billion and $70 billion respectively, were both successful businessmen before they entered politics.
- Pelosi has accrued her nine-figure fortune mostly from investments and speaking fees, per Yahoo.
POLITICIANS, THEY’RE JUST LIKE US?
- A 2018 analysis by Roll Call found that the median net worth, $511,000, of a member of Congress was five times that of the average American household.
- According to Roll Call, the cumulative net worth of senators and House members increased by 20% in the two years before the start of the 2018 Congress.