Rapper Kanye West showed up to a meeting Tuesday with Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s former lawyer turned nemesis, wearing a bizarre prosthetic mask.
In photos published by Page Six and other outlets, West is seen rocking the face covering while chatting with Cohen, who turned on Trump in 2018 while facing fraud and campaign finance violation charges.
— Page Six (@PageSix) October 19, 2021
On Monday, West changed out of a standard cloth mask at JFK Airport before stepping into the cab that took him to see Cohen at a swanky New York City coffee bar.
- Israeli Judo athlete Or Sasson and public relations executive Ronn Torossian were also in attendance.
- “The purpose [of the mask] was so that people would not recognize him,” Cohen told Page Six. “The first 10 minutes we sat down, he was mobbed by people … who wanted photos and to say hello. So, he put on this mask to give him some anonymity, which interestingly enough, did not really work.”
- West’s Aug. 24 petition to legally change his name to “Ye” was granted by a Los Angeles judge on Monday.
WHERE DO YE’S LOYALTIES LIE?
West kicked off a firestorm of controversy in April 2018 when he tweeted a photo of himself wearing a “MAGA” hat.
- The hip-hop icon went on to provoke further liberal outrage by expressing support for conservative commentator Candace Owens and appearing on “Saturday Night Live” wearing a “MAGA” hat.
- But last July, West told Forbes he no longer supported Trump.