An NBC News correspondent has faced online mockery for contacting the U.S. Secret Service over gun parts emblazoned with the phrase “Let’s Go Brandon.”
Ken Dilanian, who covers national security and intelligence for NBC News’ Investigative Unit, tweeted a photo Monday of a lower receiver featuring the right’s new anti-Biden rallying cry.
— Ken Dilanian (@KenDilanianNBC) November 1, 2021
- Dilanian linked to his report, published Monday, on how how gun dealers are marketing firearms parts and ammunition “using a right-wing slogan widely understood as code for profanity directed at President Joe Biden.”
- According to Palmetto State Armory’s description of its “LETSGO-15 Stripped Lower Receiver,” the fire selector on the weapon part features three modes: “’[email protected]!’” (Safe), “’JOE!’” (Fire), “’BIDEN!’” (Full-Auto).”
- Culper Precision in Utah and My Southern Tactical in Florida are selling AR-15 magazines with “Let’s Go Brandon” stickers, NBC News reported.
THE FIRING SQUAD
Conservative commenters on Twitter ridiculed Dilanian for what they saw as the latest instance of hypocritical hysteria over the “Let’s Go, Brandon” meme, a grassroots response to the perceived failures of Biden and the media.
- “Save some chicks for the rest of us, bro,” quipped conservative pundit Jesse Kelly.
- Small business expert Carol Roth tweeted: “This is giving me ‘calling 911 because they ran out of dipping sauces for McNuggets’ vibes.”
- “Tell me you’re a little whiny crybaby without telling me that you’re a little whiny crybaby,” scoffed attorney Leslie McAdoo Gordon.