A chyron that aired on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” says it all about the current state of cable news and coronavirus discourse.
During Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show on Monday, the chyron blared “Nicki Minaj: Cousin’s Testicles Became Swollen.”
- Carlson was opining on rap superstar Nicki Minaj’s decision not to attend the Met Gala on Monday night because proof of COVID-19 vaccination was a requirement for entry.
- Minaj had shared on Twitter that her unnamed cousin’s unnamed friend in Trinidad suffered swollen testicles and impotence after receiving the vaccine, adding, “So just pray on it & make sure you’re comfortable with ur decision, not bullied.”
- “Seems sensible,” Carlson said.
Also Monday, Minaj, who is typically aligned with the left, went to war with MSNBC anchor Joy Reid for criticizing her vaccine skepticism.
- Minaj went on to recommend that her fans get vaccinated if their jobs require it.
- “I’m sure I’ll b vaccinated as well cuz I have to go on tour, etc,” she said.