Former President Donald Trump in a statement Friday mocked news that Hunter Biden is selling his paintings for as much as $500.000.
Social media exile hasn’t dulled Trump’s ability to land a classic zinger.
Trump announced that President Joe Biden’s son “has inspired me to immediately begin paintings” and expressed confidence he would “get at least $2 million per canvas — and probably a lot more.”
Turning serious, Trump accused the Biden administration of corruption, saying, “Hunter Biden will be given a clean bill of health on everything done by him, with everyone to receive as payment a beautiful Hunter Biden inspired painting selling at your local art gallery for $500,000.”
- “Our Country is crooked as hell!” Trump added.
- The former president and his allies have accused Hunter Biden of engaging in nefarious foreign business dealings and funneling money to his father through secretive channels.
HUNTER’S ART CAREER
Biden’s new vocation has also come under attack from critics and ethics experts.
- Walter Shaub, who served as ethics chief under former President Barack Obama, tweeted last week that Biden’s art sales are a potential “vehicle for funneling cash to the first family” in exchange for influence.
- Five prints of the Biden family scion’s art work sold for $75,000 each ahead of an Oct. 1 show, the New York Post reported.
The twinkle-in-the-eye frankness that has endeared Trump to supporters was on full display during a private speech Thursday, when he addressed a salacious allegation from the discredited “Steele Dossier.”
- “I’m not into golden showers,”Trump told attendees of the National Republican Senatorial Committee Conference in Palm Beach, per the Washington Post. “You know the great thing, our great first lady — ‘That one,’ she said, ‘I don’t believe that one.’ ”